From: eric at arcticbears.com (Eric Paynter)
Subject: Induce Act

On Fri, June 18, 2004 2:05 pm, hummer@...eranger.com said:
> Proposed expansion of copyright law could regulate new technologies out of
> existance.
>
>  "They're trying to make it legally risky to introduce technologies that
> could be used for copyright infringement," said Jessica Litman, a
> professor at Wayne State University who specializes in copyright law.

"Could be used for" is pretty scary... The Internet "could be used for"
copyright infringement. So can photocopiers, tape recorders, hard disk
drives... heck, a pencil and paper "could be used for" copyright
infringement if I'm transcribing music with it and then selling the
hand-written copies. Better stop making pencils!!

-Eric

--
arctic bears - affordable email and name services @yourdomain.com
http://www.arcticbears.com