From: Oliver at greyhat.de (Oliver@...yhat.de)
Subject: Vulnerability Disclosure Technics

There are several ways to search for vulnerabilities in applications.
If you have the sourcecode, you can do a code review. There are many
tools (like flawfinder etc.) wich will support you in finding "static"
vulnerabilities like
buffer-overflows du to incorrect usage of commands like "strcpy" and family.
If you dont have the source code, you can do a reverse engineering with
debuggers, dissassemblers and other tools, to search for common
coding mistakes.
You also can do a black-box testing, whereby you can use
fuzzy-technologie to generate random parameters and requests, sending to
the application.
The last one is the one i often use, because in most cases you dont have
the source code, and reverse engineering is not that easy :)

bye,

Oliver