From: chromazine at sbcglobal.net (Steve Kudlak)
Subject: What I meant to say was....

Sometimes when not fully awake I send things to the wrong address...
oh well whoops....what I meant to say about Mozilla was:

They do have a good habit of fixing things. I think the idea of
> celebrating  the nth bug is that bugs are inevitable but fixing them
> makes things better.
>
> I don't have a complete "test your browser against exploits"
> but I have tried several on Firefox and the exploits doesn't work.
> Since it is all open code with an active and interactive developer
> community that is trying to convince people that they are the best
> and to use them they might try harder. Whereas IE gets used because
> in many places one has to use it. I know this is the case in several
> libraries and businesses.
>
> As I think I mentioned,  I will try to float these questions in the Mozilla
> or Firefox mailing list. I will post any answers I get.. This is after I get
> my current work halfway in order.
>
> Have Fun,
> Sends Steve

P.S. Note the only big problem I ran into with Firefox was that
two of the making tabbed browsing nicely clash badly. They are the
thing that makes tabs fill more lines instead of getting smaller,
sorry I forgot the name and "Tabbed Browsing". If you try to install
them both then Firefox crashes when trying to launch.

What I do is keep several profiles. I have  an experimental profile
which has things I am doing/testing now, a stable working profile
and a stripped down minimal what came in the box profile. I found
Firefox way stripped down for my tastes and spent Memorial Day Weekend
putting together a version of it that I liked. When I installed the
last two extensions I wanted then it crashed and it seemed my work
was for nought. I had to dig through the doumentation and found that
was quite clear and understandable and found if I renamed a few files
that I could start it and dump out a profile that would let it launch.
I submitted a bug report for the "Tabbed Browsing Extensions". I then
made sure it alwaysask what profile I want when it launches.

Overall I find Mozilla Firefox less given to allowing nasty things to happen
than IE is. I have tried a few tests but since I don't have a seperate
machine to try dangreous things on I am pretty cautious. Anyway this is
kind of general and long winded on what should be a "details oriented" list,
but when people are making pretty clueless noises like going "Mozzilla celebrated
it's 200,000th bug, uh oh." I feel I have to respond. I don't know if I want
to go back into all this technical security stuff or not.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve