From: thor at pivx.com (Thor Larholm)
Subject: SUPER SPOOF  DELUXE Re: Microsoft and Security

Both you and I know perfectly well that Windows Update serves a
different page for non-IE browsers, and that that page does not contain
any frames. You should focus on the facts instead of letting your hatred
for Microsoft overwhelm you.

Since you have trouble reproducing a very simple example I have instead
put this example online:

http://www.jscript.dk/2004/7/subframe/

Open the page. Click the first button called "Open window". Click the
second button called "Load page". See that the page from geocities.com
is now loaded inside the subframe on jscript.dk.

As you can see, this is perfectly reproduceable in both IE, Mozilla,
Firefox and Opera. This is of course provided that they allow popups in
the first place, but as I mentioned in my previous posts you can
acomplish the same with inline frames instead of a new browser window.

To make doubly sure, I even downloaded fresh copies of Firefox 0.9.1
(worked fine in 'Safe Mode' as well) and Opera 7.51.

Regards

Thor Larholm
Senior Security Researcher
PivX Solutions
23 Corporate Plaza #280
Newport Beach, CA 92660
http://www.pivx.com
thor@...x.com
Stock symbol: (PIVX.OB)
Phone: +1 (949) 231-8496
PGP: 0x5A276569
6BB1 B77F CB62 0D3D 5A82 C65D E1A4 157C 5A27 6569

PivX defines a new genre in Desktop Security: Proactive Threat
Mitigation.
<http://www.pivx.com/qwikfix>