From: m.laurence at groveindependentschool.co.uk (Mark Laurence)
Subject: SUPER SPOOF  DELUXE Re: Microsoft and Security

I think the most likely scenario for the windows update thing would be that
you would click on a link from a site you are surfing that advises you to
install the latest updates by visiting windowsupdate. You follow the link,
address bar looks good so you have no reason to expect a problem.
The malicious link would have inserted a frame that looks like the scan for
updates page, the user follows the scan for updates, installs what he thinks
is a legit security update, which is in fact a piece of spyware or a trojan.
User reboots and thinks nothing of it....in the meantime he has become a
host for a load of p0rn or a gateway for hackers to use for anything they
want.
IMO anyway
Mark

---