From: fulldisc at ultratux.org (Maarten)
Subject: Web sites compromised by IIS attack

On Friday 02 July 2004 23:19, Denis Dimick wrote:
> > Per the Free Software model it does.  The key point here is that Red Hat
> > is redistributing the code and making  a profit off of it.  It's Red
> > Hat's choice regarding whether to redistribute said code.  Since they're
> > making the money off of it, they have to support it.
>
> Sorry Barry but your wrong. If I burn a CD of a bunch of appliactions I
> get off the net and sell it, then by what your saying I should be
> supporting it? So then my ISP should support all the applications I get
> off the net since they take my money and give me net access?

Oh, puh-lease.  Not that dead horse again:  "You get a bomb through the mail.
Do you sue the postoffice ?"  This leads nowhere and the discussion about
common-carrier status for ISPs is both not relevant here and enough has been
said on that subject anyway...

So no, of course your ISP does not have to support the stuff you download off
the net. And no, neither are they resonsible if someone sends you a trojan.

Maarten

--
Yes of course I'm sure it's the red cable. I guarante[^%!/+)F#0c|'NO CARRIER