From: bpasdar at igxglobal.com (Babak Pasdar)
Subject: List-based spam: [IT Network & Security
	Professional Announcement (fwd)]

It seems as though a vendor may be out there selling a list of "Security
Professionals" who want to receive security related information from
third parties -- when in actuality it is a harvested list.

My company fell into the trap of receiving a list of these so-called
opt-in people which managed to tick a bunch of people off.

We made the decision to stop that practice for our free security
intelligence report and just let it grow organically since you just
cannot trust the lists anymore.

Babak

--

Babak Pasdar
Founder / Chief Technology & Information Security Officer

Get Daily Security Intelligence on the DSB Online
http://dsb.igxglobal.com

Subscribe to the igxglobal Daily Security Briefing Newsletter
http://www.igxglobal.com/dsb/register.html

igxglobal Announces the DSB Online Security Community Web Site

igxglobal delivers integrated real-time security reporting
http://www.igxglobal.com/rrf.html