From: support at mmicman.com (Edward Ray)
Subject: Re: IE Shell URI Download and Execute, POC

Problems with MSIE

1.	Too many vulnerabilities
2.	Too closely tied to OS, thereby making OS more vulnerable
3.	34 (at last count) unpatched vulnerabilities, reference
http://umbrella.name/originalvuln/msie/
4.	Taking their time in fixing/patching vulnerabilities.

By themselves, they are not a reason to dump IE at the corporate level.  But
taken all together, CIOs should really consider the safety of their network
with users running IE.  The mozilla folks are at least promptly fix
vulnerabilities, not to mention the fact that Mozilla/Firefox have had far
less vulnerabilities and does not lock itself into the OS kernel.

My $0.02

Edward W. Ray