From: mohit.muthanna at gmail.com (Mohit Muthanna)
Subject: SNMP Broadcasts

> No, not at all.  There's a big difference between a *standardized service*
> and it's underlying protocols.  In order to be SSH, it must comply with
> all of the standards for SSH.  Otherwise, you get a M$ Windows product.

I was trying to stay away from this thread, but anyhow:

If you've ever read RFCs before, you would be familiar with terms like
MUST, SHOUD, MAY, MANDATORY etc. There is no document that says that
in order to be "standard" SSH the listen port MUST be 22. Or tcp/22 is
the MANDATORY port for SSH.

The document only says that SSH "normally" uses port 22.

The IANA has assigned port 22 for ssh, but this doesn't mean that
you're not complying with the SSH standard by listening on an
alternate port.

That's it. For all practical purposes, no matter what port the daemon
listen's on, it _IS_ SSH.

--
Mohit Muthanna [mohit (at) muthanna (uhuh) com]
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those