From: tshilson at mmm.com (tshilson@....com)
Subject: IE

In addition to the below, my company's management wants to buy it's
software from some big player.  Open source software "isn't supported",
they say.

   _/)                  Tom Shilson
~~~~~            GEDW & VM System Services
Aloha               Tel:  651-733-7591       tshilson at mmm dot com
                           Fax:  651-736-7689

full-disclosure-admin@...ts.netsys.com wrote on 07/19/2004 01:53:24 PM:

> On Mon, July 19, 2004 4:46 am, nicolas vigier said:
> > The real solution is to use a browser with no known vulnerability (and
> > that's better if it didn't have a lot in the past), not to try to hide
> > what you are using.
>
> That's not always possible. Sometimes, changing the browser is a project
> that will take months to complete (think: corporation with thousands of
> PCs at hundreds of sites - it takes time to create the business case, get
> funding, build/test the auto install package, retrain the end users,
> etc.). In the period of exposure, any little bit helps (albeit,
> minimally). This small change can probably be done in a couple of weeks
> with no impact to the user.
>
> -Eric