From: measl at mfn.org (J.A. Terranson)
Subject: IE

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Cory Crawford wrote:

> In regards to your signature....
> ("...justice is a duty towards those whom you love and those whom you do
> not. And people's rights will not be harmed if the opponent speaks out
> about them." Osama Bin Laden
> - - -
> "There aught to be limits to freedom!" George Bush
> - - -
> Which one scares you more?)
>
> The one who wants me dead simply for being American.

Interestingly, the main reason Osama wants you dead isn't because you're
American per se, it's because as an American, you have helped to wage war
upon him.  First I might add.  The core of the current terrorism problem
is that we support mass-murder through Israel.  We provide the weapons,
the various support structures and lastly, we deliberately block any
attempts made to force them to behave like human beings.

There's a whole lot of talk about how Saddam "had it coming" for
"violating the UN" - maybe we should apply the same standards to our
friends as well as enemies?  Go look at how many US violations Israel has.

We "built" Osama as we know him.  Through greed.  Remember Qana.

> Taking words out of context is easy;

These are not out of context: they are juxtraposed.  The concept which is
eluding you is called "Irony".

> flying a plane into a building takes real cowardice and hate.

No.  Flying an airplane into a building surely takes an inconceivable
amount of hate, but it sure as hell isn't cowardice.  At least these guys
are willing to back their crazy politics with their OWN lives, rather than
sending other people to die in their place while they take a quick
cocaine-filled summer vacation in the national guard. THAT was cowardice.

Politically incorrect was *exactly* right.

> Regards,
>
> Cory D. Crawford

Since I'm going to bed now, you'll have to wait until tomorrow for any
replies to further drivel.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson