From: stefmit at gmail.com (Stef)
Subject: IE

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:52:44 -0500, Richard Silver
<richard.silver@...c.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 15:07, Leif Sawyer wrote:
> > On Mon, July 19, 2004, Eric Paynter replied to:
> >
> > Think Cisco, for one.
> >
> > I personally think that _EVERYBODY_ with a CCO contract should
> > open up a TAC case complaining that X-application (website,
> > RME, VMS, etc..) doesn't work with a W3C-Standards Compliant
> > browser, nor with latest-bug-fixed JREs.
> >
> > I've already got mine open, but of course "Use I.E. or some
> > old version of Netscape Navigator, and an old JRE!" is the
> > typical response.   They need a lot more prodding to keep their
> > security platform up-to-date with security standards.
>
> I have been griping to my Cisco sales team for years (being an Ex-Cisco
> SE myself) about the dismal support for any browser but IE. I could dump
> IE entirely were it not for my Call Manager.
>
> At least it seems that some of the products that they acquired that were
> initially cross-platform usually remain fairly browser-agnostic.
>
> --
> ------------------------------
> Richard Silver
> Sr Network Engineer
> East Alabama Medical Center
> www.eamc.org

It's funny you mentioned that - just came back from Networkers 2004 in
New Orleans, and this was one of the biggest complaints and hottest
topics there - and you know what the answer of Cisco
"geeks"/developers was? They recognized their web interface sucks, and
they are looking (?!?) into better java support, but it is a problem
of speed that they're dealing with, and the only solution for this -
so far - is (presumably) what they already offer us ...

Stef