From: syaghmour at gmail.com (Shafik Yaghmour)
Subject: Automated SSH login attempts?

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:47:46 -0400 (EDT), Jay Libove <libove@...ines.org> wrote:

> My Linux system, and a Linux system run by a friend here in the same city
> but on a completely different netblock (different ISP), have both seen
> apparently automated attempts to log in to our systems via SSH in the past
> few days.  Looks like a script.

I have seen similar activity for about two weeks now. Mostly trying guest,
test, admin, root and user accounts. I have seen them coming from
Italy(Jul 12th), UK(Jul 19th) and Canada(Jul 22nd).

All of them where less then 10 attempts.

After the third time I kept meaning to post about but never made the time to,
glad someone did.

Take care

--
While we are asleep in this world, we are awake in another one.
-Salvador Dali