From: toddtowles at brookshires.com (Todd Towles)
Subject: Cool Web Search

You don't seriously think that one person that has a real job to do can sit
around all today (not do his job) and write an automatic tool to remove Cool
Web Search do you?

I have work to do..and to tell you the true, CWS isn't a problem for me? Why
because we have real network security. Desktop security is the last line of
defense. Multi-tier security will stop most spyware at the gate and it will
never get to you.

I watched one student try to create a program to remove CWS and he did a
very good job, but he couldn't keep up. I can't blame him for that. He was
fighting a team of programmers that were getting paid to write this junk all
day long. Some system admin spending three hours on a program will help
everyone that day with one variant..but will be useless when a new variant
comes out.

Plus - using some tool that doesn't completely remove this spyware could
give people false protect. Thinking their system is clean - because they ran
program X - but it is still e-mailing information.

There needs to be a joining of Anti-Virus and Anti-spyware, but spyware is
faster spreading and harder to remove then most viruses. Why do you think AV
companies stay out of the spyware game?