From: j.hall at f5.com (John Hall)
Subject: FW: Question for DNS pros

Is this true for the servers that are doing the recursive lookups for
the clients on your networks?  Seems somewhat risky, but it's true that
such setups would make RTT less useful.  It's one of the problems with
making GLSB work well.  Our experience with several large sites
indicates that the majority of client connections are sent to the "best"
(as defined by the 3-DNS configuration) data-center, so we conclude that
most sites (or at least the ones servicing our customers' clients) do
have their local forwarding DNS servers "close" to the clients they serve.

JMH

Gary E. Miller wrote:

--
John Hall              Test Manager - Switch Team             F5 Networks, Inc.