From: fulldisc at ultratux.org (Maarten)
Subject: meta-question about the list

On Sunday 15 August 2004 02:48, Brendan Dolan-Gavitt wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:41:08 +0200, Maarten <fulldisc@...ratux.org> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I noticed that this list (-software) unlike many others does not add a
>
> Not quite correct--it doesn't *modify* the Reply-to: header or add it
> if it's not already present.

Granted.

> > This makes replying a wee bit
> > more error-prone since a lot of MUA's will happily reply to the poster
> > instead of the list unless you manually cut&paste the right addresses.
> >
> > Is there a special reason this header isn't used ?
>
> Well, some consider it to be harmful:

Thanks, I just read it.  The thing is, I strongly disagree with it.  This
document states that "Reply to all" is the SAME as reply to a list.  This is
as false as can be.  Personally I HATE it when people cc: me mailinglist
posts.  I read the list, I don't need to get separate messages in my inbox to
get my attention.  CC'ing posts is even considered rude by some...

But if this is the way it is, okay.  No problem

Maarten