From: noamr at beyondsecurity.com (Noam Rathaus)
Subject: some small bugs.

On Monday 16 August 2004 03:36, you wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Noam Rathaus wrote:
> > #ll -l /usr/bin/X11/dpsinfo
> > -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         6456 Jul  7 18:07
> > /usr/bin/X11/dpsinfo
> >
> > symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols
> > found)...
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0x41414141 in ?? ()
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0x41414141 in ?? ()
> >
> > So Debian is also vulnerable, both these binaries come with the
> > xbase-clients package.
Hi,

I got numerous answers stating that its not setuid, nor is it worth exploiting
since you already have a shell...

I didn't post the message to the mailing list stating otherwise, all I wrote
that it is probably not a distro related issue (by showing that debian is
vulnerable to these problems as well), and that in fact both these files are
NOT setuid, allowing no gaining of elevated privileges.

That is all ... as the subject says... "some small bugs"

--
Thanks
Noam Rathaus

Join the SecuriTeam community on Orkut: