From: chows at ozemail.com.au (Gregh)
Subject: lame bitching about products

----- Original Message -----
From: "DWreck" <dwr3ckmailbox-fulldisclosure@...oo.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 7:04 AM
Subject: [Full-Disclosure] lame bitching about products

> Security professionals do NOT bitch about products.  They do their best to
learn the products they have to live with and secure them.

What a load of rubbish. Security professionals DO bitch about bad products
all the time. It's simply the way humans are built. If something pisses you
off, you whinge about it, warn others and find ways around it.

I dont like the way Symantec's firewall is now for various reasons but I
find other ways. I think Macs just dont cut it for various reasons but I
find other ways.

What you need to do is accept that everyone will bitch about whatever they
want and employ a mental filter that automatically deletes messages bitching
about bad products.

After all, I havent tried every damned product in the world so I would like
to have something to fall back on if I decide to try a brand of *nix I have
never touched.

> Stop complaining and start learning.  If you are a true infosec
professional, you will be able to devise and implement an acceptable
security architecture to mitigate your client's risk (hopefully cost
effectively) no matter what the product mix is.

Stop complaining about complaining. Just get on with the job!

> Security is not a religion any more than Medicine is.  They are both
professions.

....and bitching isn't illegal.