From: bruen at coldrain.net (Stormwalker)
Subject: [OT] Re: Re: New paper on Security and Obscurity

Hi,

 It wasn't the general, massive military build up, but the specific
program known as Star Wars under Ronald Raygun. The Soviets believed
that the nonsense was true and tried to fund the research to catch up
until they hit the wall. Unlike real military weapons, a fake weapon
is controlled by the imagination, so there no limits to what was possible.

          cheers, bob