From: abaker at gmail.com (ASB)
Subject: Re: Security & Obscurity: physical-world analogies

It depends on the goal of the analogies.

If you're using an analogy of a complex situation simply to allow the
listener/reader to understand what you're talking about -- strictly
for conversational purposes -- then there is no problem with
analogies.

This is akin to what I deal with at the dinner table when describing
the day's activities to the wife and kids.

OTOH, if the recipient of the analogy is expected to take some action,
or executate broad policy based on this analogy, then a great deal
more is at stake, and the inadequacies of analogies must be addressed
by more thorough information/understanding.

-ASB