From: measl at mfn.org (J.A. Terranson)
Subject: Active Spam Support By Savvis Communications

Good Morning,

	The Savvis Disclosures website (http://www.savvis.info/ ) is today
featuring a series of internal memoranda from Savvis which provide direct
evidence of Savvis' ongoing sheilding of spammers operating out of their
hosting centers.  This is being done in concert with the BBC
(http://news.bbc.co.uk - direct link to the story to follow).  Steve
Linford of Spamhaus (http://www.spamhaus.org ) was *instrumental* in
brokering the deal with Savvis, and we send to them our thanks and good
wishes: the on-line world continues to become a better palce due to the
work of spamhaus and it's many volunteers!

their [146] abusive customers, and they will be issuing a press release to
that effect later today.

	A short preview of the Savvis memoranda disclosed this morning:

MEMO-A
> due to the recent audit by ARIN...

> ...we will not be in a position to replace IP's for customer once
> they appear on one of the spam or black lists

MEMO-B

> Background:
> Savvis hosts a number of customers in the email marketing business
> including customers such as Sheck Media, High Performance
> Broadcasting, Bluestreak, Subscriberbase, etc.

> The current policy was set by Rob McCormick a few months back. Any
> change to that policy will involve Rob^s approval.

> Overall the business brings in $250k to $2million MRR.

> Email from Savvis.net is now blacklisted by Spews and other anti-spam
> organizations. This is being done as part of a campaign in the
> anti-spam community to force Savvis to fire all customers engaged in
> email marketing.

> The role we are playing is
> quite similar to the role Sony Records plays in the recording
> companies versus Napster et al

> Our potential strategies and outlook:
>       3.      Frequently change the IP address under Savvis.net.
>       4.      Legally pursue Spews, et al

>       a.      Spews is a volunteer vigilante organization...
> Caryn Moran in legal is working with us on this issue.

Memo-C

	More at: http://www.savvis.info