From: ismail_syed05 at yahoo.com (ismail syed)
Subject: open telnet port

HI list,
I have some strange problem or may be its starnge to
me
I have closed the Telnet port in Solaris 8 server by
hashing inetd but still its listening at port 23,even
after giving HUP to inetd.
I can do telnet from other machines to this server,
its getting connected but not showing login prompt.
Please give me solution how to close this port,I dont
know any other way just except hashing inetd.

Thanks in advance.
Ismail