From: bkfsec at sdf.lonestar.org (Barry Fitzgerald)
Subject: win2kup2date.exe ?

Bugtraq Security Systems wrote:

>Nick,
>You're a moron, and a fake moron at that. If you had the clue god gave the
>average scriptkiddie, you'd kill yourself in shame at your own postings.
>
>Cheers,
>BUGTRAQ Security Systems
>"If Nick FitzGerald had a brain cell for every bug we tracked, he'd be
>smart and not an arrogant no-nothing like he is now."
>
>On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Nick FitzGerald wrote:
>

>>And you missed the point of what you perceived as my anger -- that's
>>just one of my common posting styles.  You may see it as anger, but
>>those that know better see it as the sharper side of my "here comes
>>another one" attitude, honed over many, many years more experience of
>>dealiing with fools than is healthy (at least for the new fools that
>>come along every day).
>>
>>Quick -- around the corner to your left, there's another door...
>>

>>Regards,
>>
>>Nick FitzGerald

Alright children...

Can we stop with these useless ad hominem attacks?  All of us?  Thanks.

Listen: some people have open access to exploits, some don't.  You're
all right, and you're all wrong...

And the final answer to all questions raised here is... it depends.

How's that sound? :)  Thanks.

                -Barry

p.s.  We don't want to give people who can't get access that access, and
there are a lot of people who have a lot of access and there's nothing
we can do to stop it.  Back, oh, 10 years ago when things like this
happened on Bulletin Board Systems,  I remember that there were these
blacklists that were distributed to keep people off of said boards.  If
a person showed themselves to be untrustworthy, they got booted and
added to the blacklist.  Not  to mention that getting access in the
first place wasn't usually the easiest thing.  This is, obviously, much
harder to control in this day and age, but even in those days the script
kiddies got ahold of code and methods they weren't supposed to have.
Like I said, the answer is "it depends...".  There's no unifying rule
here.