From: nix at syndicalist.net (Henrik Persson)
Subject: Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author
	of Sasser worm

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 19:29, Larry Seltzer wrote:
> >>He wrote a worm.  Big freaking deal.
>
> Yeah, very big freaking deal. He loosed an attack he had good reason to
> believe would do damage to innumerable people all over the world. He
> belongs in jail and for a long time, if only to send a message that such
> behavior is wrong.

Waaiiiiit a second..

Yes, he's wrote a worm that infected quite a few computers. Yes, those
things annoy me. Was it wrong of him to do that? Sure thing. Should he
be slapped over his hands with a stick? Yep.

But jail? Come on. Why should we lock him up and be forced to pay taxes
for keeping him at the same place we keep murderers and rapeists? Do you
think that he's evil? Seriously.. I think that he's a bored teenager
with knowledge that was just used..well..wrong.

Now his knowledge will come to good use. And ah, thanks to people like
him, the windows users are updating more frequently. ;)

> And anyone who trusts him with their computers is an idiot.

Really? Read the thread for a list of people that once were blackhats
and now some of them are really important people in the industry.

--
Henrik Persson <nix@...dicalist.net>