From: eballen1 at qwest.net (Bruce Ediger)
Subject: Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author of
 Sasser worm

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, morning_wood wrote:

> I do however find this interesting... the below "suggests" that a persons
> and or persons affilliated
> with a TROJAN coding history ( and a bad one at that ) is now ( or has
> been ) working
> with / for GFI.

Who cares about a mere trojan author?  At least that horrible,
anti-Microsoft Dan Geer feller ain't workin for Symantec now.

What's worse, I ask you?  A trojan author, skilled in Win32 programming
and pretty much adhering to The Corporate Philosophy (or at least driving
the need for a "signature update"), or some dadgum "free thinker", who
says that the status quo has some flaws?!?  Why, if the status quo has
some flaws, the Free Market in desktop operating systems has some flaws,
and if the Free Market has some flaws, aren't you criticizing America
Itself?

I, for one, won't stand for it.  Maybe Symantec bought @stake to hack
those flipping pirated-Norton-Works-spammers.