From: keydet89 at yahoo.com (Harlan Carvey)
Subject: Rootkit For Spyware? Hide your adware from all Adware removers and Anti-viruses

> Windows is likely the most susceptible to such an
> attack due to the
> limited amount of people that fully understand the
> kernel and "flow
> chart" of processes. (Or those that don't put 2 and
> 2 together, like myself.)

I realize that this is purely speculation on your
part, but I'd be careful about saying things like
this.  The reason is that understanding "the kernel
and flow chart of processes" isn't really the issue.

As with other computer systems, Windows is susceptible
to malware/rootkit infections due to poor user and
administrator practices, lack of management and
configuration control, etc.

After all, rootkits were first spawned in *nix
systems.  Even the term "rootkit" comes from the *nix
world.

And just out of curiousity, what is the "flow chart of
processes"?  Are you referring to mapping child
processes back to their parent processes?  I ask, b/c
I'm not familiar with the term.  A flow chart is
generally a graphical depiction of a process, with
decision points illustrated along the way...and I
don't see how that relates to processes on a Windows
system.