From: abaker at gmail.com (ASB)
Subject: Windoze almost managed to 200x repeat 9/11

There was more than enough information provided in the initial link,
besides what was available to those who took a moment or 3 to search
for additional info, to avoid coming to the conclusion that the OS was
the fault here.

The mere fact that thousands, if not millions of people manage to run
Windows 2000 systems which do not keel over every 49.7 days, would
tend to cause one to look elsewhere for the source of the issue.
Beyond that, the wording of the various articles on this issue that I
looked at, made it rather obvious that there was an issue with the
APPLICATION which rendered it useless if certain operator steps were
not performed. No matter how scanty you feel the articles were, they
never even implied that the OS was inoperable during any of this.

While it is certainly important to have as much information as
possible before rendering verdicts of any sort, and while not every
issue can be definitively outlined as jet black or lily white, there's
not a whole lot more forensics that's needed to conclude that the root
of the issue is one of application development, compounded by the
failure of an operator to perform a prescribed workaround at the
appointed time.

The irony here is that you're accusing me of not reading or comprehending.

-ASB