From: ACastigliola at unumprovident.com (Castigliola, Angelo)
Subject: Spyware installs ... XP SP2 box

Thank you for the test Raize. I appreciate your time.

>One must assume that you are installing these "theme packs" via some
BHO (Browser Helper Object) that you
>installed previously or put the site on the "Always trust content from
this provider". Perhaps someone
>else can explain where I am missing the exploit, because a quick glance
over seems to indicate there is
>none for XP SP2. (I did not test this on SP1)

I think you are right. It seems the only person that was not prompted
for the install that was not running SP2 was the original author of this
thread who said that it was a previously visited site.

As far as users running SP1 there is no security warning that says an
executable is about to be installed. There is no Microsoft Update that
will prevent this from loading. Like most large organizations just
jumping to SP2 is not an option. It needs go though rigorous testing to
make sure it complies with all of our internal software.

Angelo Castigliola III
Operations Technical Analyst I
UnumProvident IT Services
207.575.3820