From: uberguidoz at gmail.com (GuidoZ)
Subject: UPDATED: Quick JPEG/GDI test & fix (timesaver)

Hello again list,

I've made a small update to the "install" SFX and batch file. It was
brought to my attention that the batch file might not work correctly
on non-English versions, though it will run. (Thanks Morten/DK*CERT!)
I have fixed this. It should now run independent of the Windows
language version.

The updated file is in the same place:
 - http://www.guidoz.com/exploit-test.exe

I'll also take this time to warn you that up-to-date antivirus
programs SHOULD and WILL detect this as a virus! I mentioned that it
attempts to exploit the system to see if it's vulnerable. It uses an
infected JPG to do that - AV programs should be picking this up if
they are up-to-date. If you still want to test the exploit, you can
disable your AV scanner. (Though, if it's stopping it there, you
should be safe.)

Last but not least; many people are asking for the batch files and
such separately. I have no problem sharing them at all! The SFX
archives were for ease of use. I have the files themselves available
for download as ZIP files on my web server. Each zip file contains
what the self-extracting EXE (SFX) extracts and runs, along with the
SFX itself. You can also open up the SFX file with any compression
program (WinRAR is my fav) and freely change and move things around.
You can even rename the batch file if you like - just be sure to
rename it in the INI file. (That's what the launching program uses to
know what to launch.) You should see what I mean when you see the
files.

If you use WinRAR, you can freely modify the files, then put them back
in by drag-n-drop method. That way you can still use the SFX file
which is setup to automatically extract and run the batch file (again,
according to the SFX archive). Hopefully that all makes sense. =)
Here's where to download the files:

Install file I posted to the lists is here:
- http://www.guidoz.com/install.zip

The exploited JPEG downloads these files (as an SFX, which is included):
- http://www.guidoz.com/jpegtest.zip

Obviously you won't be able to change what file the JPEG downloads
unless you create a new "infected" JPEG. There is a program available
to do this called "JPEG Downloader". I have also written a batch file
to run this safely (without exploiting yourself). Just make sure to
put these files in a folder you do NOT have open in Explorer! Run the
"makejpg.bat" file from a DOS prompt only.

You can download the JPEG Downloader here:
- http://www.guidoz.com/makejpg.zip

If you have other questions, again, please feel free to email:
 - exploit _AT_ guidoz _DOT_ com

--
Peace. ~G