From: jpeaa at allstate.com (Peadro, Jeff (AIS))
Subject: Norton AntiVirus 2005 treats Radmin as a Virus ??!

Correct.  RA was used in the JPEG exploit from easynews.

quoted from GDI spoit itself

"
UPDATE: We have packet logs at http://easynews.com/virus/  THIS VIRUS IS NASTY!

If you don't know what a jpeg virus is, check out:
http://news.google.com/news?q=jpeg+virus

Swany and I wrote a quick and nasty script to scan every jpeg that comes into Easynews.com..  It paged
my cell phone at 6:47pm PDT on 9/26/2004 for the first hit, and 7:52pm PDT on 9/26/2004 for
the second hit.

Once this JPEG overflowed GDI+, it phoned home, connected to and ftp site and downloaded
almost 2megs of stuff.  It installs a trojan that installs itself as a service.

It also installs radmin (radmin.com) running as 'r_server'.  From the radmin.com site, "With Radmin you
can work on a remote computer exactly as if you were right there at its keyboard."

It phones home to the same IP that is in the usenet post headers.  Then it seems
to connect to ftp://209.171.43.27/www/system/ u/p  bawz/pagdba  (last time I checked, 93 users where logged in!)
"

jEff