From: samir at teknotrends.com (Samir Kelekar)
Subject: Nessus experience

Nessus takes too much time as what happens is that all the plugins get
passed from
nessusd to the nessus client, and then back to the nessusd. This happens
even if you
want to run a few (and not all) plugins. Nessus does not have a way to
choose only
a few plugins in the nessusd itself while it is running.
 The only way nessus provides of choosing plugins is
via the nessus client.

One way to get around the problem is to only load those plugins that nessusd
needs,
and not use the Nessus Client to choose/override the plugins. This would
require
that you restart nessusd everytime you want a different set of plugins.
This speeds nessus
runs considerably.

If you are looking for an already built solution that does the above, look
at our
web-site http://www.teknotrends.com or mail me off-line.

Thanks,
Samir Kelekar