From: toddtowles at brookshires.com (Todd Towles)
Subject: Full-Disclosure Posts

I agree with your idea, but I am one of those uni graduate/20 something
professionals. I am very passion about my work and the security of the
company I work for. I work in a rural state and the money isn't as high
as some other places. I took a pay cut to work in the IT field when I
finished college.

Maybe you weren't talking about people like myself in your statement
(since most people that are part of FD are here to be on the edge of
security and around people that understand them) but it seemed like you
were talking in pretty general terms....with that in mind I have to
disagree with you that all the 20 something professionals are not good
security professionals. A lot of the older folks are sitting in the
corner talking about their 1980 modems, while some 15 year old from
south amercian uses a three year old exploit on their misconfigured
Apache webserver and defaces it.

I agree that you have to love computers...you have to eat and sleep
computers/security to be good in the field and a lot of people in the IT
field aren't like that. Kinda sad, but I will have their job one
day..so..I just smile.