From: bkfsec at sdf.lonestar.org (Barry Fitzgerald)
Subject: Will a vote for John Kerry be counted by a
 Hart InterCivic eSlate3000 in Honolulu?

Paul Schmehl wrote:

> --On Friday, October 22, 2004 10:32:34 AM -0400 Barry Fitzgerald
> <bkfsec@....lonestar.org> wrote:
>

>>     I share similar concerns.  If we trace the "why" of this issue back
>> to it's root (and discard conspiracy theories - which, given the
>> attitude
>> of a certain voting machine company that begins with a 'D's executives,
>> would be impossible to discard) is that it comes down to the fact that
>> our (s)elected officials are more and more often coming from the
>> corporate power-base.
>

> This is false.
>
> <snip>
>
> Please get your facts straight before posting to a public list.

I said "more and more often coming from the corporate power-base".

First of all, what you posted doesn't refute that.  Second, lawyers can
be considered a part of the corporate power-base.  They're interested in
the same exact issues that I was discussing.

Please read the point before trying to refute it.

>>  This is not a "discriminatory" practice in the sense that being
>> elected is a right.  That's the first argument people throw at me.
>

> They're stupid then.  It's just plain discriminatory in that it treats
> one class of citizens differently from all others.  You *do*
> understand *that* don't you?

Sure I do.  It's the same reason that there are age and immigration
limitations on the ability to be elected to specific offices.  You *do*
understand *that* don't you?

>> However, it's an argument that is not grounded in reality.
>

> Or common sense or logic either, but that doesn't seem to stop you for
> a second.
>
> I'm sure glad you don't make the rules.

Thanks, Dittohead.  Likewise.  :)  You do realize that I was referring
to the arguments of those that were questioning my point, don't you?  I
agree that their arguments aren't grounded in common sense or logic.

Do yourself a favor and remove that commemorative EIB golden microphone
from your rectal cavity.  Rush wants it back.

             -Barry