From: nocmonkey at gmail.com (Danny)
Subject: Undetectable Virus from CANADA ISP 69.197.83.68

On Fri Oct 22 22:28:50 2004, Farrukh Hussain <king@...ger.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>    Today I got e-mail from "69.197.83.68" CANADA ISP

You mean a Canadian ISP?

> which has undetectable virus.

By all anti-virus vendors?

> Well I downloaded this file but I didn't run it because I know it is virus.

If you say it was not detected as a virus, how do you know it is a virus?

> and now I am complaining to "rogers.com"  ISP about this matter.
> Because I got this file from this ISP. It is abuse of internet service.

Welcome to the Internet. Unprotected computers are connected to ISP's
across the globe. We receive hundreds of viruses from computers
connected to ISP's every week.

If you gave their abuse department the full email headers of this
email you received from 69.197.83.68, then they will investigate and
deal with the matter. However, no ISP, can force all of their users to
run a personal firewall, up-to-date AV, and install the latest OS
patches -- although they can encourage it and educate users on these
subjects - which Rogers does do.

I wish you well,

...D