From: bkfsec at sdf.lonestar.org (Barry Fitzgerald)
Subject: Slightly off-topic: www.georgewbush.com

Dean Brooks wrote:

>The Oil for Food program, however, was truly a scandal.  There would
>never have been ANY situation where Germany or France would have voted
>to approve the war.  No matter how badly Iraq would have been
>violating sanctions (which they were doing for years), there would
>have been nothing Bush could have done to convince them, since they
>were in bed with Iraq financially and were essentially bribed.

So - to sum up your position:

It's fine if Halliburton does it under Cheney... but it's wrong for
anyone else to do it... all because Cheney, who at the time was working
in the private sector, was not a member of the government.

Might I remind you that embargos and sanctions apply to all, not just
government members and that what we're talking about here is the act of
getting around the sanctions for gain.   What kind of gain is irrelivent
to the point because both cases lead to the same result: getting around
the sanctions.

It's either OK for all or OK for none - which is it?

          -Barry