From: pwicks at oxygen.com (James Patterson Wicks)
Subject: [in] Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

To say that Firefox does not allow adware/spyware is not entirely true.
Saying that Firefox does not allow adware/spyware via ActiveX JavaVM or
VBScript is correct.  There are other means of infecting a user's
system, but why should a programmer waste his/her time writing creative
code to bypass security when unpatched IE basically opens the door to
the OS for you?

While IE does have it's issues, one does have to be realistic when
capering IE and Firefox.  Since Microsoft tied IE to the Windows OS
(which is the cause of a lot of their legal troubles), securing IE is a
much more difficult task than cleaning up and securing the old Netscape
browser.

Is Firefox a better product?  I think so.  It is my preferred browser.
Are businesses going to switch over to Firefox in droves?  Maybe, maybe
not.  My business will not because we use Outlook Web Access and
Shareport Portal Server, both of which look horrible on the Firefox
browser.  Only time will tell.  Netscape was the dominate browser in the
early 90's (until Microsoft pulled their legal shenanigans), so maybe
they are on their way to #1 again.