From: ge at linuxbox.org (Gadi Evron)
Subject: Re: MSIE flaws: nested array sort() loop Stack overflow exception

Berend-Jan Wever wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Another flaw in IE:

Yet another? No. You can't be serious.

> <HTML>
>   <SCRIPT> a = new Array(); while (1) { (a = new Array(a)).sort(); } </SCRIPT>
>   <SCRIPT> a = new Array(); while (1) { (a = new Array(a)).sort(); } </SCRIPT>
> </HTML>
>
> Normally I would see if it's exploitable but I figure I'm not MS's pet bug finder/analyser... So, I've CC'ed this message to Microsoft. I'm sure they know their own product better then I do and can analyse the problem much faster. So if you want to know the impact of this vulnerability, ask them: I'm sure they will be more then willing to help you. I'm sure they will even reply to this message with technical details and a patch tomorrow.

Ahh, don't you mean normally you'd get paid for it but somebody decided
you are too much of a "risk" to work with? Just guessing here. Or maybe
you release this just to show us you have nothing against Mozilla?

As to "and a patch tomorrow." - who are you kidding? Ever heard if Thor
Larholm and his mailing list, Unpatched?
If we are lucky, they will patch it secretly in a couple of releases. If
not, wait 6 months.

As it is IE.. well now, don't say they "violated" GPL when they use your
stuff again for some virus.

> PS. Don't think firefox will keep you save from hackers, I _know_ it won't ;) But more on that later...

There is more to come? I guess you've been saving up. Is this all about
teaching us all a lesson?

I appreciate your work, and I appreciate your wishes. I really don't
appreciate you or how you do things.

It's a shame really.

	Gadi.