From: frank at knobbe.us (Frank Knobbe)
Subject: "<01><02>_msbro"?

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 18:50, Daniel H. Renner wrote:
> Anyone have any idea what the heck "<01><02>_msbro" is?
>
> I have seen it as a connection point in EtherApe running under either a
> DSL box connected to a hub with a Win2000 SBS box and a Internet
> connection on the uplink, and an Ubuntu Linux box connected to a switch
> and the connection was come from a WinXP box and a SimplyMepis box
> running SaMBa on the LAN.
>
> I've tried to Google it with absolutely no results, and no results on
> simply "_msbro" either...

Try googleing for _msbrowse. If you need to read up on MS browswer
stuff, start at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;102878
and check out other KB articles, such as
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windowsnt/4/server/reskit/en-us/net/chptr3.mspx

Oh, and check your snaplen on your packet capture...

-Frank