From: py.bonnetain at ba-cst.com (Pierre-Yves Bonnetain)
Subject: I'm calling for LycosEU heads and team to resign
 or be sacked

Hi,

Bob Smith wrote:
> The Internet has always been about vigilante justice. Aside from
> exceptionally egregious cases of wrongdoing, like sexually explicit
>  material with children, fraud, or flagrant piracy, the Internet
> exists and operates beyond the boundaries of any one nation's laws.
> It is up to the people to self regulate.

Self regulate is NOT self retaliate.

> And if the spammers don't like my packets being sent to their
> system, all they have to do is send me a polite e-mail asking to be
> removed from my flood-list. It is really quite simple!

Then, what will you do when (not IF) you'll receive X bazillions (say,
one message per 100 packets send) polite emails requesting you to
remove such-and-such random IP from your flood-list ? Will you really
deal with all of those messages ?

I DO agree that strong measures should be taken against spammers.
Legal ones, that is. No other way to keep a civilized society still
civilized.

My .02 euros.
--
Pierre-Yves Bonnetain