From: Bart.Lansing at kohls.com (Bart.Lansing@...ls.com)
Subject: This sums up Yahoo!s security policy to a -T-

Exibar wrote on 12/23/2004 09:36:40 AM:

> I applaud Yahoo for adhearing to their policies.  All the familly has to
do
> is send legal documents of their son's death, and legal documents
stating
> who they are.  At that point I'm sure the account information will be
> released as per Yahoo's policy.
>
>   Instead of trying to get the media involved, they should be getting
their
> laywer involved as the clock's ticking on the 90 no-activity delete.
Their
> lawyer will know the correct documents to send over to yahoo as proof of
> their son's death and that his parents have control over their dead
son's
> belongings/estate.
>
>   Perhaps what yahoo *could* do, or *should* do, is remove the 90 day
> time-out on their son's e-mail account until they can have a chance of
going
> through the courts.  Perhaps extend it up to 365 days...
>
>   Exibar

We're goint to disagree here...

His parents have no right to access his mail account, period. It's not
theirs, and unless he stated in a will or prior release that these
electronic records should be released...and to whom...they should vanish
when his account does.

These are not memoirs or a diary, or a bundle of written letters which
could be argued was knowingly left behind with a high probability of
discovery.  These are electronic records deposited with a trusted entity
with the expectation of safekeeping and privacy.

Yahoo "should" violate their own policies in order to facilitate releasing
this email into the hands of people who are not owners of those records? I
think not.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
without any further consent.