From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: OT: Tool for sanitizing MS office documents?

Ahh, and we found one of the original posts;;

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@...ttot.org>
Subject: [Full-Disclosure] Automated metadata recovery for document
collections    (tool release)
Cc: pentest@...urityfocus.com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 17:18:49 +0200 (CEST)
To: full-disclosure@...sys.com

Hi,

After my short write-up on results of automated change tracking data
recovery for Microsoft Word documents found at microsoft.com [1], I've
received a couple of inquiries from pen-testers who asked me about the
tool I used to find the data, and stated that something like this would be
a good addition to their everyday testing methodology.

A beta version of the tool to automatically detect and index change
tracking information in a collection of Word documents published on a
website (or stored on disk, mounted via SMB/NFS, etc) is now available for
download:

  http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/soft/therev.tgz

If there is enough interest, I'll try to maintain this tool and add
options to gather all other types of security-relevant metadata (such as
usernames, MAC addresses and whatnot) as well.

Regards,
mz

[1] http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/strikeout/

This moight be the tools originally requested.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

--
"Sometimes you get the blues because your baby leaves you. Sometimes you get'em
'cause she comes back." --B.B. King

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.