From: zx at castlecops.com (Paul Laudanski)
Subject: Multiple AV Vendors ignoring tar.gz archives

Are you finding that certain AVs are not actually checking the contents of
the tarballs?  I find in using nod32lms it does deep dive and checks each
file.  Please note that one must configure the nod32.cfg file to permit
opening tarballs and other archives for inspection.

We've accumulated some consumer opinion reviews on various anti-virus
products, they are compared here:

http://castlecops.com/compare-5

--
Regards,