From: mail at code-foundation.de (Dominik Birk)
Subject: Re: Cain and Abel

> Static arp entries are _static_ (unchangable) for Linux.
> For Windows, Windows XP is first MS system that treat static as real
> static - in previous versions "static" means that is times-out not so
> often (but could be changed)

I have tried to put some static ARP-entries under WinXP. No way, it
changed the whole time, when you send new ARP-Replies.
How did you make the static entries?

arp -s [dns] [mac]

My experiences are, that this command ist not very effectively.

> For other OSes? dunno.

NetBSD brings error-messages when receiving new ARP-Replies, but doesn't
change the ARP-Cache.

> Piw

Dominik