From: lists at bwbohh.net (Eric Windisch)
Subject: client - server

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 02:43 +0100, Matteo Giannone wrote:
> - a simple ip check doesn't work with dynamic addresses...

It will work for as long as your IP is valid.  They can also ban the
entire IP block (aka, your ISP)

> - computer name can be changed
> - mac address can be changed (even I wasn't able to, because I have a usb dsl
> modem and I cannot change its MAC working with regedit or using tools like smac )

Your browser will not (or should not, anyway) reveal your "computer
name" or mac address.

> Anything else ?

User-agents and referers.  Some browsers can send quite a bit of
information in the user-agent string.

It could also be a content filter between you and the web site in
question.  Schools and parents setup these to censor the surfing of
children.  Many companies filter their content too, due to the
distraction (and legal ramifications) brought about by warez and
pornography.

> How the hell do they recognize me ?

By the tin-foil hat ;)

--