From: bitlance_3 at hotmail.com (bitlance winter)
Subject: Possible XSS issue on Windows XPSP2 IE6 via MIME
	Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML

Dear 3APA3A.
Thank you for your excelent information.

>offtopic, 3APA3A. Bypassing client application protection techniques
>http://www.security.nnov.ru/advisories/bypassing.asp

>3APA3A. Bypassing content filtering whitepaper
>http://www.security.nnov.ru/advisories/content.asp

These advisories are very very cool. ;)

By the way, I have checkouted these Test descriptions.
http://www.security.nnov.ru/files/opossum/test4.gif
http://www.security.nnov.ru/files/opossum/test5.gif

IE6 on Windows XPSP2 introduces a new setting under
Tools->Internet Options->Security settings
where we can choose to
"Disable Open files based on content, not file extension" .

Choosing Disable will make Internet Explore respect
the Content Type at least in some circumstances.

When we choose to Disable,
neither opossum/test4.gif  nor opossum/test5.gif are dangerous.
But the script kitty is still dangerous. I am confused. :(

(Unfortunately, this setting is not disabled by default in Internet Zone.)

Thank you.

Reference:
Setting Changes in Service Pack 2
#MIME Sniffing File-Type Elevation