From: christian at leber.de (Christian Leber)
Subject: Bios programming...

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 01:44:39PM -0500, Matt Marooney wrote:
>    I am trying to write a program to help people who are addicted to internet
>    pornography.

That is very nice of you.

>    This application would be tied into an online service where
>    someone could sign up for monitoring, and download a thin client app.  The
>    application would run in the background of the person's computer, and
>    upload the person's internet activity to the website.  The service would
>    then email this activity report to designated recipients.  I have most of
>    the knowledge to create this service, but I need to know how to do a
>    couple things:

I see millions of poor addicts that would love to get logs sent to some
service. This service WILL have a GREAT future!!

>    1. I would like the program to be "un-installable".  I've heard of a
>    couple of hardware security tracking services that can load a very small
>    setup package in the CMOS and if a computer is stolen, and the hard drive
>    is replaced, the app reloads itself and the next time the computer is on
>    the internet, it sends out a beacon.  Does anyone have any insight about
>    how to do something like this?  I want the CMOS program to run on boot,
>    and check to see if the monitoring software is still installed.  If it is
>    not, the boot process reloads it.

That's easy, will easily run on millions of different hardware
combinations. NOT

>    2. obviously, the program does not need to be very large, so I want it to
>    run in the background and not be visible to the computer's user. This is
>    easy, I know, but I want the process to be completely invisible. (even to
>    super-geeks)

You are lying.

There is no reason why someone would sign up for a service that installs
some application that is invisible and not removable and sents data to
some "service".

>    3. I would like to figure out a way to monitor traffic for multiple
>    protocols (HTTP, FTP, File Sharing, Chat, etc.) .  I'm wondering if there
>    is a way to figure out "bad" requests on a packet level.

In the end you are either a insufficient troll[1] or someone who has no idea of nothing.
Oh, or you are working for the Bush administration.

Regards
Christian Leber

[1] If that is true, I'm sorry that i gave food to it.

--
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com