From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu (Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu)
Subject: Re: Know Your Enemy: Tracking Botnets
	(ThorstenHolz)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:22:26 +0300, Egoist said:

> they work perfectly if coded not by kids, they use crypted
> communication, most of them moving to p2p technology to eliminate
> servers
> i dont say about that lame toolz like agobot and friends

Have to admit, for such a lame tool as agobot, it's certainly nailed a lot
of systems. ;)

Writing about the lameware rather than what cutting-edge stuff we might see
in 2-3 years may not be glamorous, but it's still important.

Remember - it may be more fun to write about a scary issue like avian influenza
and how it might make the jump to humans.  But I'm still *much* more likely
to die of a stroke or heart attack, and recognizing the risk factors and early
symptoms of both of those are *much* more likely to improve my life expectancy.

And if you can't get the target audience to understand agobot, how you going
to explain a cutting-edge botnet to them in a way they'll comprehend?