From: measl at mfn.org (J.A. Terranson)
Subject: Re: Microsoft Patches & Political Theory...

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, mike lieman wrote:

> >Whther you like it or not, governments run this planet, and all of our
> >lives are implicitly run by goverment
> >

> Y'all haven't really READ the Declaration of Independance, have you?

Sure we have - they force us to read it in school.  What they don't tell
us is that it's a farce, and has been for a very long time.  Well,
actually, I *did* have 1 lone teacher go into this, but they didn't keep
him very long :-(

> > It's one of the really GOOD thing the USAisans have come up with.

Yeah.  Pity it's dead.

> 1) Governments derive their JUST powers from the CONSENT of the governed.

Maybe 60 or 80 years ago.  Today, the government (at least here in the US)
derives it's powers from the barrel of a gun.

> 2) The Governed reserve the right to toss out any government which
> forgets it's subservient place.

Even *speaking* of this is a crime today in the US.  A crime for which you
can easily find yourself being "rendered" to some foreign country for a
long and painful disappearing act.

> Of course, most Americans don't DESERVE such a rightous political
> system, and therefore it's been lost.

Here we agree.  The American Sheeple deserve exactly the government we've
got.  After all, they actually elected the simian this time.

All of this wonderful politicking aside, the original premise doesn't
change just because the current goverment is immoral, or even illegitimate
(as it was four years ago).  Regardless of whether government is "proper",
it is, by definition, intrusive and all-powerful within it's own sovereign
borders, and as such security issues which affect government affect
everyone.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@....org
0xBD4A95BF

"Quadriplegics think before they write stupid pointless
shit...because they have to type everything with their noses."

	http://www.tshirthell.com/