From: smp.repicky at gmail.com (Matt)
Subject: Problems getting off this list

<dick mode on>
using a primary email address to receive mailing lists is really
looking like a bright idea now that you want out isn't it.  Maybe
someone should have made a dump internet account to send it to so you
could just drop the account and make a new one for whatever lists you
want to join in the future if setting up a filter is too tough.
</dick mode off>

I am subscribed to at least 15 different mailing lists on this
address.  I receive approximately 60 topics a day (can't tell exact
messages cause gmail groups messages under the same topic) and yet my
inbox has 2 items in it.  Gmail 0wnz for reading mailing lists.
Filters to automatically split mail into separate inboxes for each
list has made reading seclists the easiest thing in the world.  I pick
and choose to read what i want by topic and it saves diving through 10
messages all 'RE:some_stupid_topic'.

<side_rant on>
BTW, people who take the RE: subject line and change even one word or
move or add something just to change the subject make life harder for
us gmail users.
</side_rant off>

Oh and if your reason for not setting up a dump internet account is
cause you can't access it from work or your blackberry or whatever
reason, that is pretty lame.  Just set up a forwarding rule to send
all the traffic from an internet account to your mailbox.  At least
that way you have some protection for yourself from spam should you
decide you no longer want the emails that go to that address forwarded
to you.  SPAM may not be mail you want, but 9x outta 10, you're the
one responsible for getting it.

*hint email this address directly and don't include Full-disc in the
TO or the subject (so it ends up in my inbox) if you need a gmail
address to take care of mailing lists.  I may not get around to it
today, but i check the lists somewhat regularly.*