From: barrie at reboot-robot.net (Barrie Dempster)
Subject: John The Ripper For Windows

Thierry Zoller wrote:
> I am sorry, what part of "Windows build" didn't you understand ?
> I obviously refered to binary not source code, the latest
> source code is available on openwall, yes, the latest windows binary
> on openwall is outdated .... from 1998.
>
> Hence the post from Goerge didn't need any follow up at all, it was a
> valuable contribution, your "contribution" is not.

Indeed yeh, the OP didn't make that all that clear though. He just said
he had found some password cracking software for windows. Not that he
found an up to date build.

For some of us the thought of having to compile software ourselves isn't
an alien concept, when source code is available then binaries are
indirectly available too.

The OP was correct it may be very useful (for those willing to trust 3rd
party builds) and I didn't mean to detract from that. He just didn't
state what he thought was useful other than it was a windows password
cracker, which to me wasn't news and definitely wasn't disclosure.

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

blog: http://zeedo.blogspot.com
site: http://www.bsrf.org.uk
CA: www.cacert.org

"He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw" - Victor (Still Game)